Thursday, June 18, 2015

Demon Lord IX: The Forgotten Lands Launch Coming Soon!


Good news! It’s almost here! Only eleven days to go before Demon Lord IX: The Forgotten Lands is released. It’s already available as a pre-order at the iBookstore, Barnes & Noble and Kobo, and will be available at Amazon on the release date: 30 June. So place your pre-order today and ensure you receive your copy right away! The book is now on the final leg of the creation process: editing and proofreading. To all of you who have been waiting almost two years for the next instalment of the Demon Lord series, deepest apologies.
My creative process was stymied by my first visit to hospital, where I underwent major surgery to cut out a five-kilogram ovarian tumour. It wasn’t just the trauma of the op or the recovery time that delayed the next book for so long; it was also the illness beforehand and the diagnosis that rendered me totally incapable of writing. That’s a lot of stress! The good news is, that’s all in the past. The tumour was mostly benign, I’m cancer-free and my channel to the fantasy worlds where my heroes and heroines live is unblocked.
The Forgotten Lands may be the penultimate book in the Demon Lord series. I can’t be sure until I write the next one, but it seems to be a distinct possibility. So for everyone who feels my series are never-ending, good news! They do eventually end. I’m hoping for a happy ending, but it’s out of my hands. I go where the story takes me, and I have no idea what will happen next. It’s as much of an adventure for me as it is for you. I’ll be publishing some extracts here on my blog over the next few days, so watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I just entered a different comment about this subject but that can be ignored! Very happy to hear you are doing alright now! Is there a place to see any updates if you do decide to write the 10th book in the demon lord series? As in something that will give me alerts about updates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading your Demon Lord Series as a big Terry Brooks fan I love the world you created and the vivid imagery of conflict with Bane's character. I look forward to book 10 to read where Bane, Mirra and the Grey Gods land. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete