Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Final Edit Of All The Series


Editing seems to be a never-ending task, but it has to end sometime, or I'll never write anything new. When The Queen’s Blade was selected as ‘Book of the Week’ by Apple iBookstore at the end of March, I decided to go through it again and try to improve it further, since its popularity has grown so much. Of course, I found plenty to fix, and tried to make it more concise, editing out some overly flowery prose that bugged me, and some repetition, too. My trusty editor also went through the books, and found plenty of typos and mistakes. So, those are all re-edited and uploaded again, and then I had to do the other series. I’m currently working on Demon Lord, and still have the last two books of The Broken World to do. Then I’m finished at last, and this is definitely the final edit, which is why it’s also the most thorough and, I hope, will eliminate 99% of the errors.

After this, I’m going to write some new books. I almost continued Slave Empire, but then I edited Demon Lord and got sucked into that, so I’ll probably continue that one next instead. I find that whichever series I read gains me a ‘hook’ into that particular channel. To all those readers who ask whether or not I’ll be continuing a series, the answer is a resounding yes, most definitely; all of them. It’s so encouraging that readers want more of all the series, and the emails I receive are amazing! Thank you to everyone who’s written to me, and keep them coming! I always reply.

Many people have expressed a wish for The Queen’s Blade to be made into a series of films or a TV series, and I echo it. If there are any producers or directors out there who are looking for a fantasy series to make into a series of films, I hope they contact me. I would love to see the story brought to life, and solve the riddle of who would play the role of Blade, which will be hard to do well; a challenge for any actor.

3 comments:

  1. (Just don't let them do to your series, what they did to the first Paolini book, Eragon. They stumbled with that. Just didn't care for that 'interpretation', even though I liked some of the actors.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just waiting for the next in the Demon Lord Series... I Love Love Love The Queen's Blade but I would love to see how the Demon Lord finishes up and hopefully soon :) thank you for writing such wonderful stories I never tire of reading them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I experienced a little leap of excitement when I saw your email in my inbox. I hoped it was news that I would soon be reading Demon Lord VIII! Glad to know that you are working on it.

    ReplyDelete